Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Comet on Its Way

Spring Awakening BONUS Song of the Day #2

"A Comet on Its Way"
Character(s): Moritz, Melchior, Boys

**This song was in workshops, and was replaced by The Bitch of Living**

And meanwhile, everywhere I look!
Judy Nathan
Kelly Casen
Sally Timmerman

Anna Kim
Lucinda Primm
Jill and Jenny Sands

Good ol' Lisa
Christ, she seems so distant and so sad

Then there's Wendy, somehow with me
Doesn't matter where I am

Hip preteens out in their jeans
Zippered in their bods
From the back, man, that ass
And that little slip of bra

Oh my hands adjust my pants in the auditorium
Down the hall, into the stalls
Where my fingers are all thumbs

Christ, the whole like deals
Nightly too unreal
Holding you -- you nowhere me
And I mean holding, holding
Through the darkness comes the laughter
All the stars bend over sideways
Oh my darling, there's a Heaven
Such a comet on it's way

Melchi, do me a favor
Write it down, everything!
Whatever you know!
Stick it my books tomorrow!
If you want, you can add some illustrations in the margin

As you like
One question, though

Hmm?

Ever seen a girl naked?

Of course!

Nothing on?

Abosolutely!
Nothing

No illustrations necessary, then

Well, one or two might be... useful, actually
Goodnight, Melchi, I better be off

Goodnight

Suzy Maler
Heather Taylor
Stanley Anderson
Paula White
Barbara Light
Pattie Emulson

Good ol' Lisa
Christ, she seemed so distant and so sad

Then there's Wendy, somehow with me
Doesn't matter where I am

Christ, the whole like deals
Nightly too unreal
Holding you -- you nowhere me
And I mean holding, holding
Through the darkness comes the laughter
All the stars bend over sideways
Oh my darling, there's a Heaven
Such a comet on it's way

Through the darkness comes the laughter
All the stars bend over sideways
Oh my darling, there's a Heaven
Such a comet on it's way

Such a comet on it's way

Moritz
Melchoir
Boys
All

Can be seen here, performed by the national tour cast boys (AMAZING!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKFJ9ZMU7g8

No comments:

Post a Comment